The particularity of the christening photography is that the main subject of the photograph won’t enjoy the pictures until he’s 5-10 years older. A christening photographer must see the relationship with the baby as special, the baby doesn’t know how to “hold still”, the baby doesn’t care about poses etc.
The baby actually doesn’t really know what’s happening, for him it’s a very busy day and full of events, one more unexpected and strange that another. Because his day will start with the photo session at home, we need to at least ensure that this seems like a fun game.
As this is a once in a lifetime event, we need to take care to capture all the key moments, the most important one being lowering the baby in the baptismal font.
What do we need to know before the baptism?
- the order of events for the christening as well as the time set for each step;
- the number of guests – depending on the number of guests there may be necessary to have another photograph to ensure the event is well covered;
- if the christening will be in Bucharest, in the country or abroad;
- the level of light in the locations (church, restaurant);
- any special moment and when it is set to happen;
- allow a minim of 2 hours for the baby’s photo session at home; this is where baby is the most calm and happy which is why the pictures taken here are always the best ones;
- if there will be a session for the “day after” bath.
How to choose a Christening Photographer in Bucharest
- it shouldn’t be cheap – although easier than wedding photography, good baptism photography is also hard to do, it requires effort and abilities, both on the christening day as well as in the 1-2 weeks of editing on the following days;
- they should show you a complete portfolio, all the pictures the family received, not just 1-2 good ones;
- to inspire confidence and be passionate about what they do;
- to have backup for anything, you cannot risk losing the photographs (if a memory card stops working or a flash, a camera etc.).
For more details regarding christening photography or any questions, please contact me now.